Below find each update that has been made daily by the Rutherford Mayor and Council:
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020:
Addressed: Please be mindful of using volunteer ambulance resources; dispose of gloves properly; all state parks ordered closed
- Monday, April 6, 2020:
Addressed: New COVID-19 cases in Rutherford; Emergency Drive-Thru Food Box Distribution at the YMCA; Thank you to our first responders, DPW and essential Borough employees
- Sunday, April 5, 2020:
Addressed: New COVID-19 cases in Rutherford; Federal privacy rules protect sensitive patient health information; Parks remain closed
- Saturday, April 4, 2020:
Addressed: New COVID-19 cases in Rutherford; CDC recommends wearing masks in public; Visit the open business list
- Friday, April 3, 2020:
Addressed: New COVID-19 cases in Rutherford; Thank you to our EMS volunteers; Please dispose of gloves properly; Open business list
- Thursday, April 2, 2020:
Addressed: New COVID-19 cases in Rutherford; Social distancing must be complied with; Contact Mayor’s Office with donations 201-460-3022
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020:
Addressed: New COVID-19 cases in Rutherford; Open business list and financial relief information; Successful Meals on Wheels deliveries
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020:
Addressed: New Rutherford COVID-19 cases; Please dispose of gloves in public properly; Alternate side of the street parking suspended
- Monday, March 30th, 2020:
Addressed: 5 new Rutherford cases; testing site at New Bridge Medical; Thank you to our DPW workers delivering Meals on Wheels
- Sunday, March 29th, 2020:
Addressed: 3 more COVID-19 cases in Rutherford; Meeting with Rutherford’s Faith Leaders; Reminder to drivers and pedestrians to be safe
- Saturday, March 28th, 2020:
Addressed: 3 more COVID-19 cases in Rutherford; Blue Hearts campaign with the Rutherford Arts Committee
- Friday, March 27th, 2020:
Addressed: New Rutherford COVID-19 cases; Testing site at New Bridge Medical Center
- Thursday, March 26th, 2020:
Addressed: New Rutherford COVID-19 cases; Garbage pick up for Rutherford businesses; State job hiring portal
- Wednesday, March 25th, 2020:
Addressed: New Rutherford COVID-19 cases; Updates from Gov. Murphy; Small business information
- Tuesday, March 24th, 2020:
Addressed: New Rutherford COVID-19 cases; event cancellations; Census reminder
- Monday, March 23rd, 2020:
- Sunday, March 22nd, 2020:
- Saturday, March 21st, 2020:
Addressed: Correcting misinformation about cases in Rutherford; Gov. Murphy’s Executive Order; Rutherford EMS in need of supplies
- Friday, March 20th, 2020:
Addressed: Borough operations, 3/23 Mayor and Council Meeting and the testing site at Bergen Community College
- Thursday, March 19th, 2020:
We’d like to remind you to visit Bergen County’s website for more resources and information.
- Wednesday, March 18th, 2020:
In accordance with HIPAA laws, any further identifying factors are prohibited from being released to the public regarding this 60 year old Rutherford patient and any future cases. Be advised the Rutherford Health Department is working with this patient and any future patients which may arise regarding tracking and containment procedures, which would remain confidential.
- Tuesday, March 17th, 2020
In and effort to support our local restaurants, please be respectful of the designated curbside pick-up parking spots to help our businesses as well as our community as a whole.
Saturday drop-off vegetation and recycling has been suspended until further notice.
Effective 11pm on March 17th 2020: (A summary of how State and County Executive Orders affect Rutherford residents:)
- All restaurants and dining establishments with or without a liquor license and all other holders of a liquor license are permitted to operate their normal business hours, but must only offer food delivery and/or curbside pick up. In effort to assist our dining establishments, the Borough will be providing reserved parking for curbside pick-up.
- Non-Essential business (retail, recreational and entertainment) shall be closed until further notice. Examples of ESSENTIAL businesses excluded from this are: “grocery/food stores, pharmacies, medical supply stores, gas stations, healthcare facilities and ancillary stores within healthcare facilities.” Essential businesses are advised to mark 6 foot increments with tape to help with social distancing.
- No groups of more than four people, other than family members, shall assemble in public at any time within the County until further notice. A curfew is also imposed within the County between the hours of 8pm and 7am for all public outdoor activities.
- Movie theaters, concert venues, performing arts centers, gyms and casinos are closed
- Regarding regular Borough business, please see this document (please note the Downtowner Commuter Shuttle is suspended immediately)
- County parks shall remain open for passive recreation but no organized activity shall take place
- Stores selling alcoholic beverages for outside consumption may remain open but shall comply with previously announced limitations regarding “social distancing.”
- All health clubs, gyms, dance and yoga facilities and all similar recreational facilities closed until further notice.
- All utility road work is suspended until further notice, unless necessary for emergency purposes required to maintain utility service.
- Although it doesn’t pertain to any Rutherford stores, supermarkets are limited to being open between 7am to 11pm. Please contact any supermarket you may visit to confirm their times.
- As you know, this situation is fluid and we will continue to update you as the information comes.