Fire Safety and Spring Cleaning
Posted Monday April 4, 2016
As you are cleaning out this spring, don’t forget about fire safety.
- Test your smoke alarms, and replace any alarms that are 10 years old or older.
- Test your carbon monoxide alarms, and replace any alarms that are 7 years old or older.
- Check your dryer vents and clean the hosing.
- Clean clutter inside and outside your home.
- Check the cords on your appliances. If any are cracked or frayed, repair or replace them.
- Practice your home fire escape plan.
For more information and free resources, visit www.usfa.fema.gov.
Click here to download FEMA’s flyer.