Rutherford “Battle of the Bands” @ The Williams Center
For Middle and High School Students
Sunday October 23rd - 5pm
Hosted by Rutherford Rock and Rutherford Arts Committee
RULES AND REGULATIONS REGISTRATION:
In order to register a band, a single adult representing the band must fill out the information below and is responsible for forwarding this event waiver to all individuals in the band, including one adult that will be tasked with helping the band set up on stage. Anyone that has not signed a waiver will not be allowed on stage. Waivers can be returned to the Rec Department and can also be collected at the day of the event.
There is a no registration fee. Register HERE through the Rutherford Recreation Rec Desk. Deadline for entry October 10th, 2022.
• All bands must contain a minimum of two (2) members. However all members must sign that they have read and understand the registration form. If you have any questions, please clear them up with the coordinator prior to signing the form.
• Any band member under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the registration form that they have read and understood the rules and regulations.
• Bands may bring one adult (roadie) to assist them with set-up and break-down and that person must also be listed on the registration form.
• Only band members and the adult roadie listed on the registration form will be admitted on stage.
• All bands agree to have their name, voice, and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without compensation.
• On the day of performance, band members must be dressed in clothing free from obscenities. This is a family oriented event and therefore only activities suitable for families will be permitted.
• Band name and lyrics of performance songs should not contain any obscenities.
• The entire performance must be violence-free and suitable for families.
• All band members are required to be present at least 1 hour prior to the beginning of the show to check in with the coordinator. If all band members are not present and ready to set up for performance 15 minutes before going on stage, the band will be disqualified.
• All participants are required to be courteous and respectful toward other participating musicians.
EQUIPMENT AND ONSTAGE RULES:
• Drums, amps, and a sound system will be provided
• You can bring your own amp (must be ready to set up quickly)
• Drummers must bring cymbals and a snare
• Band members are responsible for the security of their equipment
• Each band will be given the opportunity to play 3 songs
• Songs can be original or cover songs
• There will be a time limit of 15 minutes for each band on stage. Please plan your songs accordingly. You may have one long song and one short song but no more than 15 minutes is allowed for the 3 songs
• Each band will be given 10 minutes to set up and 10 minutes to break down their equipment so please keep this in mind when designing your set
• While one band is playing, the next band may start getting ready to set up in the background. However, please do not be disruptive so that the band on stage can be the focus of the judges and the crowd.
• All bands must play live.
There will be a total of 3 winners. First Place, Second Place, and Third Place.
Additional prizes and swag.
The judging system is designed to keep the contest open to all skill levels and song choices while keeping the event fair and competitive. There are 3 categories on which each band will be judged. Each category is worth 25 points for a total of 100. At the end of each performance, the total number of points a band receives from each judge will be added together with the other judges to reach the bands final score. Each judge will be given a scoring sheet for the band. There will be a place for judges to write comments. Once the competition is over, bands will have the opportunity to obtain the scoring forms from the event coordinator.
Level of individual play
Evidence of rehearsal
Band know the lyrics
Band appeared ready and prepared to play
Physical and verbal interaction
Band introduce themselves
Band talked to or with the audience
Confident interaction with the audience
Fun and passion of performance
Quality of Performance:
Bands confidence and competence
Set list well-constructed
QR / Survey / Voting